Re: mutt - Getting context lines in the index

On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 09:51:41AM -0700, s. keeling wrote:
> Incoming from Micha Feigin:
> > How do I get mutt to leave a few context lines when scrolling the
> > message index? When I scroll past the bottom of the page mutt jumps to
> > the next page leaving no context as to the previous messages which can
> > be very confusing if it cuts in the middle of a thread.
>
> I'm not sure I know what you mean, but try this.  Go to a box with at
> least 10 emails in it, then spacebar/open one.
>
>    set pager_index_lines=8
>
> BTW, you don't mean "threading", do you?

What I want is when I scroll in the index widow (only message titles)
past the end of the page (press down on the last message in the page)
that instead of scrolling by a whole page, to leave a few titles from
the previous page (scroll by a whole page less three messages instead
of a whole page).