Re: Kernel 2.6.0 and Debian

On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 04:14:21PM -0500, Brian Nelson <pyro@debian.org> wrote:
> > Radeon 9800 Pro - Where did you get 4.3 from?  Can you give me a
> > sources.list entry?  I have a feeling that using 4.3 might be a good
> > idea... ;)
 Sure. At least as I know newer Radeon card supported only in 4.3.0.
Anyway, here is my sources.list entry:
deb http://ftp.no.debian.org/debian ../project/experimental main

You have to specify '-t experimental', fe if you want to upgrade all
your packages to ones are available in experimental execute this:
apt-get -t exeperimental upgrade
Ofcourse you are free to install only XFree86 packages only - and note
experimental is not a complete distribution, but an experimental area
before a package is settle a reasonably good state for going into
unstable. Don't fear XFree86 4.3.0 is about to go into unstable somewhen
sooner or later, and I use it for months by now without problems.
Config: I can not help you I think as I have the old and simple Radeon.
But here is some pointers:
- compile kernel support for Radeon
- try XFree86 -configure and test the output config file
- if DRI does not work, try adding this to your XF86Config-4 file:
Section "DRI"
  Mode    0666
EndSection

Happy haxing...

> It's in experimental.  If you can't figure out how to add the
> experimental archive to your sources.list, you shouldn't be using it.
> ;)
 Well, that was a bit rude.

Merry Christmas to Everyone! Cheers,
GCS