Re: Kernel 2.6.0 and Debian

On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 01:56:40PM -0000, Martin J Hooper <martinjh@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Right finally got the module inserted and running!
 Kewl!

> Used the ati supplied configurator - fed it my monitor horiz and vert
> rates from the manual.  When I do startx the monitor goes black with
> the power light turning yellow.
 I did not use anything from ATI, but well, I have a different Radeon
card. I just think the monitor can't handle the resolution, or [h|v]sync
values, recheck that you have them correctly for the right modell of the
monitor.

> Config is here:
> http://www.martinjh.myby.co.uk/XF86Config-4
 Please check that your monitor really can use 1280x1024 resolution.
Also, you may change the Display subsection to use more modes:
Modes       "1024x768" "1280x1024" "800x600"
And even if you screen goes black, try ctrl+alt+'+' on the keypad and
ctrl+alt+'-' to dynamically switch modes. Try the "ati" driver as well.
Oh, are you English? Sorry for my poor writing then. :)

> Any hints/tips on what I can do to get it actually working?  Would it
> be better to run dpkg-reconfigure on the xerver to get the required
> setup or what?
 Yup. But even better is 'XFree86 -configure' (maybe with two dashes), and
test that configuration.

Cheers,
GCS
--
BorsodChem Joint-Stock Company				Linux Support Center
Software engineer					Developer