Re: My email is rejected by some sites

Hmmm...

Am Do, den 18.12.2003 schrieb Micha Feigin um 15:14:
> try checking host <your hostname> and dig -x <your ip>
> check in your mail headers exactly what hostname is used. If you set
> it using /etc/hostname then it won't match the one given by the isp and
> thus the two checks would differ and that could be why the server
> rejects you.

These values differ often.
For example, one of my providers resolves every ip in his segment like

h-111.222.33.44.host.de.provider.foo.

If you dig -x my domain, you will get that as an answer, even my mail is
from domain.bar

Bye,
Ratti

--
 -o)    fontlinge  | Font management for Linux  | Schriftenverwaltung in Linux
 /\\                                  http://freshmeat.net/projects/fontlinge/