Re: My email is rejected by some sites

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 11:39:51PM +0100, Magnus von Koeller wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 December 2003 21:36, ScruLoose wrote:
> > And, given the popularity of online blacklists that track IPs that
> > are _actually__used_ by spammers, how does it make any sense to
> > move backwards from something that's more accurate, in favour of
> > something that's much, MUCH less accurate?
>
> Sorry? If the IP is dynamically assigned, how do you block it? That's
> the whole point of not allowing DynIPs.

I'm entering this in the middle so forgive me if I am repeating
anything but try checking host <your hostname> and dig -x <your ip>
check in your mail headers exactly what hostname is used. If you set
it using /etc/hostname then it won't match the one given by the isp and
thus the two checks would differ and that could be why the server
rejects you.