Re: GPM for mouse

What Kent said (quoted below).

I can't emphasize it enough:

    1)  stop X, get gpm working
        1.a)    pick the right device (usually /dev/psaux)
        1.b)    pick the right protocol (usually ps2 or imps2)
        1.c)    repeat_type=raw
        1.d)    start gpm, move mouse
        1.e)    if this doesn't work, go back to 1.a!

    2)  get X working
        2.a)    pick the right device (/dev/gpmdata!!)
        2.b)    pick the right protocol
                                  (the same one gpm is using; duh :-))
        2.c)    start X, move mouse
        2.d)    if this doesn't work, which step did you not follow
                    correctly?  :-)

Note the critical elements -- device and protocol.  If you don't use
the right device and the right protocol, it isn't going to work,
right.  Period.  Get those two right and it will work.

-D

--
If you want to know what God thinks about money,
just look at the people He gives it to.