RE: GPM for mouse

I do have a file called |gpmdata in /dev/ but the size is 0 and
it shows up black in mc plus it has this "|" in front
And last date changed shows just a few min. ago.
Looks like that file got corrupted somehow when I did the change to
XFConfig-4.
How do I get that file fixed?
My X id not working at all anymore until I can fix this.
And why did that happen?

--
Gruessle