Re: ssh & X11 Authentication Issue - Advice Please

Hey Chris,

  First off thanks for your replies !

  Second off I figured it out... let me show you what I was doing that
was wrong.. for future reference =)
---

In my local machine .profile I run this:
#A single respawning ssh-agent
if [ -f ~/.agent.env ]; then
   . ~/.agent.env -s > /dev/null

   if ! kill -0 $SSH_AGENT_PID > /dev/null 2>&1; then
      echo
      echo "Stale agent file found. Spawning new agent..."
      eval `ssh-agent -s | tee ~/.agent.env`
      ssh-add
fi
else
   echo "Starting ssh-agent..."
   eval `ssh-agent -s |tee ~/.agent.env`
   ssh-add
fi

Now what I foolishly did, due to a misunderstanding of how ssh and
forwarding works.. was to add this to my .profile on the server as
well. This creates new agents... and does not forward the way I wanted
it to.

I remove this from the $home/.profile on the mounted drives and I get
the results that I wanted, no password prompt from any server that I
have keys stored on via the mounted directories.

The X11 forwarding error still exists but is not hindering anything. I
can go 3 or 4 servers out and ../$ xeyes and have it appear locally
without any command line sets of display variables...

THANKS FOR YOUR POSTS !

  Trev..