Re: ssh & X11 Authentication Issue - Advice Please

Anonymous coward <trevor@yarde.com> writes:

>I am getting an error while trying to use ssh to bounce from one
>server to another. I do login after I enter my password but the error
>exists and I would like to resolve this. Help / Ideas are appreciated
>!  Thanks !
>
>Situation...

[very detailed situation snipped :-) ]

>-- I enter password I login.. too much work for me =) --

Hi Trevor.

I would first check /etc/ssh/sshd_config in `aspen', and see if
"ChallengeResponseAuthentication" is enabled.

Also, if you have superuser privileges on `aspen', you could also try
starting a new sshd process listening in verbose-mode in some other
port, and look for more clues there.

HTH,

--
Cristian Gutierrez			http://www.dcc.uchile.cl/~crgutier
crgutier[@]dcc.uchile.cl                        Jabber:crgutier@jabber.org

"As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing."