Re: Kernel options - how to determine which are needed?

Arnt Karlsen wrote:
..shorewall is neat.  Using the webmin gui module?

    Nope, editing the configuration file by hand.

..if you're a iptables newbie fresh from the ipchains bronze age world,
just make sure you understand the subtle new meanings to a few
things in iptables.  ;-)

Heh, I never got into either of them more than the basics needed to get IPMASQing up and running. I let shorewall take care of the details and learn how to get the basic stuff I need done with it's syntax.