Re: Applications are too big

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 at 08:02 GMT, Mark Healey penned:
> On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 00:31:03 -0700, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
>
>>Are you running X directly from x/k/gdm?
>
> gdm,  for some reason the install procedure didn't have a console
> login option.  I'd like to hace a console login screen.

There have been a number of threads here recently on how to disable
g/k/xdm ... they were all pretty explicit.  I'd recommend checking back
over the last week or two's posts.

Anyway, if you do disable the display manager, you can instead run
startx.  It's pretty verbose as it's starting up, so it may give you
some hints.

--
monique