Re: My email is rejected by some sites

On Thursday 11 December 2003 21:10, Joerg Rossdeutscher wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am Do, den 11.12.2003 schrieb Antonio Rodr um 21:32:
>> I have exim set in my sid machine, with mutt as MUA. Some isps are
>> rejecting my emails. I have looked at the reason provided, it seems that
>> some have blocked the ips in my block, or that they are blocking all
>> dinamic ips.
>
> Yes, many ISPs do that, and it's a good thing.

No, it is not a good thing!  (If we are talking about an approach like
dynablock's.)

There are two approaches to blacklisting.  Spamcop and similar services
use the presumption of innocence: they blacklist only IPs that have been
reported for spamming.  Dynablock uses the presumption of guilt: if you
can't afford to buy a static IP, you don't deserve to be able to route
mail directly.

> We all would drown in spam if they accepted mail from everywhere. There
> is absolutely nothing you can do except to use your providers
> mailserver.

Which may or may not be reliable.  My ISP's mailservers are reliable
_most_ of the time -- but when they are not, they do not return warning
messages until they bounce the mail after 48 hours on the queue.

-- Adam