Re: My email is rejected by some sites

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 at 09:46 GMT, Joerg Rossdeutscher penned:

> I agree to that. Not everyone should use a private mailserver.
> Hobbyists and Freaks should not run such service, it's a job for
> professionals, and those have a static ip. I'm really tired of writing
> a lot in mailinglists an get lots of "You mail to cool_kid@local could
> not be delivered..."

Say what?

This hobbyist has run her own mail server on and off for years now.
Sometimes just to send, sometimes both to send and receive.

The problem that you're describing isn't a problem of dynamic IPs; it's
a problem of proper configuration.  Having a static IP does *not* imply
in any way that someone is a professional -- all it takes is money, and
not much money, at that.  After all, I have a static IP, and I'm not a
professional -- I just find it convenient.

--
monique