Re: Linux is not for consumers!

Incoming from John L. Fjellstad:

> Monique Y. Herman wrote:
>
> > Can you explain to me why you would use a subject such as you did,
>
> Actually easiest way to get help.

Actually, as has been known and said for _ages_, it's the best way to
get THOSE WHO KNOW to ignore you.  Do you want to get lots of replies,
or do you want an accurate, en pointe answer to your problem?

> Ask how to set up CUPS in linux and you
> get a couple of RTFM.

Often, that's excellent advice!  What's wrong with it?

If you use a decent Subject: line, and you say, "I read the dox, and
still don't understand $blah!", you'll have people falling all over
you trying to fix your problem.  They'll also be the BEST people;
those who appreciate helping people who at least TRY to help
themselves.  Those people also ignore Subject: lines like yours (until
they're forced to notice them, like now).

- -