Re: Linux is not for consumers!

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 at 11:26 GMT, David Baron penned:
> Problems persist and have gotten nowhere!

[snip]

I'm always confused when someone composes a plea for help in which the
subject is some form of negative statement about the product.  When I
read something like that, I tend to think, "That dude has a bad
attitude.  Why should I bother to help him when he's obviously already
made up his mind to dislike my favorite tools?"  The other thought I
have is, "Wow, this person is using a deliberately whiny subject so that
people will read it and rush to his assistance, rather than risk letting
him give up on this tool."

Can you explain to me why you would use a subject such as you did,
rather than "Multiple problems on install: please help" or, better yet,
multipe emails, each specific to a certain problem?

--
monique