Re: My email is rejected by some sites

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:29:05 -0800
Vineet Kumar <vineet@doorstop.net> wrote:

> * TR (tony@the-sphere.org) [031212 04:02]:
> > Somebody whose attribution has been removed wrote:
> > > Well, really you'll just need one such router, with the bad
> > > domains listed on that "domains = " line.  Me, I'd use a filename
> > > there and that way be able to just edit the file whenever I felt
> > > like it instead of mucking around in exim.conf.  As an added
> > > bonus, making changes to this external file wouldn't require the
> > > server to reload to incorporate them.
> >
> > What is the correct way?
> > " domains = /home/tony/black_list  "
> > is for example right?
>
> Yep, that should do it.  I don't have any machines with exim3 still on
> them to check, but I recall doing things like
>
> local_domains = /etc/exim/local_domains
> relay_domains = /etc/exim/relay_domains
>
> There's no special trick to it.  Just check the ownership and
> permissions if you're using a file within your home directory.
>
> good times,
> Vineet

OK, I think I found out one of the reasons why my changes in the settings of /etc/exim/exim.conf were being bypassed. I am running exim4, and it even didn't occur to me that there could be a directory /etc/exim4 overriding the older one.
Any way, the setting's changes seem to be needed in /etc/exim4/conf.d/(routers, main?, etc?)
According to the documentation, or what I understood from it, this must be done in the following sequence:
1. Change settings in the proper file in the proper directory as written above.
2. Run "update-exim4.conf"
3. Run "invoke-rc.d exim reload"

There are some problems with this:
In /etc/exim4/conf.d/routers alone there are several files, which exactly isn't very clear to me must be edited.
To reflect the name change of the machine, what must be edited?
Thanks again.