Re: Can we tag [T]echnical posts?

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 at 16:15 GMT, Wayne Topa penned:
> Monique Y. Herman(spam@bounceswoosh.org) is reported to have said:
>>
>> I understand that you're trying to better the list, and I appreciate
>> that, but your attitude is a total turnoff.  Have you ever heard the
>> saying, "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar"?  i
>>
>> If you want to influence people, craft your sentences so that they
>> garner respect, not derision.
>
> I find that comment applies more to your posts the it does to Karsten.

It's possible.  I'll try to watch my tone more carefully.

> I believe you are rather new to this list.  I have been on d-u for
> over 6 years and find that Karsten is a big contributor, both in
> Technical expertise and on-target criticism, and have no problem with
> his attitude whatsoever. You might feel that way because you are a
> contributor the the OT threads, which I can't check here, as I have
> deleted them all as they grow and have no wish to check the archives.

If I thought he was totally off-base wrt OT threads, I wouldn't have
posted what I did.  As I said, "I understand that you're trying to
better the list, and I appreciate that."  I do believe that.  I just
think there are more effective ways of going about it.

There is absolutely a learning curve to every community, and
long-standing members deservedly get more respect and slack.  I do think
that I've been lurking and posting long enough to have a sense of the
community.

--
monique