Re: Can we tag [T]echnical posts?

on Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 01:13:47PM -0800, Tom Ballard, MSFT shill (31210.nospam@comcast.net) wrote:
> I don't expect this to be adopted,

Right.  This is an unmoderated list of volunteers.  Many of whom can't
get subscription/unsubscription instructions right, despite the fact
that they're printed on every damned post....

> but I'd like to get the suggestion out there:
>
> I really enjoy reading the technical questions about "How do I do X",
> "Here's how to do X", and even "Here's my opinion about X technology or
> technique".  I much less enjoy reading the posts about "Getting Linux
> adopted", "Is Linux good for consumers", or other "soft issues".

Ignore them.

The threads on completely off-topic issues (previously:  rail, opium,
and currently media acccuracy) simply shouldn't be on d-u.  I've held my
tongue this time, but the primary participants are very close to hitting
my killfile.  Again:  there _is_ debian-curiosa.

Many mailers have scoring or rating facilities.  You might want to
highlight posts by technically adept users.  I do this mentally myself.

Peace.

  Kid, this ain't your night; we're going for the price on Wilson.
  - M. Brando