Re: Can we tag [T]echnical posts?

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 at 05:11 GMT, Karsten M. Self penned:

> Then people are advised to _find_ an appropriate forum (their problem,
> not mine), and exercise self-control on this list.

You know, people might take you more seriously if you stopped trying to
sound so self-important.  You come across like whatsername, that
know-it-all witchling in Harry Potter, especially in the first book
before she learns some humility and self-control.

I understand that you're trying to better the list, and I appreciate
that, but your attitude is a total turnoff.  Have you ever heard the
saying, "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar"?  If you
want to influence people, craft your sentences so that they garner
respect, not derision.

--
monique