Firebird freezes on input (was Re: Firebird losing toolbar configuration after restart)

%% I wrote:

  sp> Here's another Firebird problem (mozilla-browser 1.5-3, firebird 0.7-3):

  sp> Now when I start it and I try to type into the URL box it immediately
  sp> freezes.

I don't think this has anything to do with my user profile; I renamed
the ~/.phoenix/default directory and created a new profile and it
happened there as well.

Then I renamed my entire ~/.phoenix directory, and I still got the same

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@nortelnetworks.com>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools