Re: I2C support

Hello

Jeffrey L. Taylor (<jeff@austinblues.dyndns.org>) wrote:

> Quoting David Z Maze <dmaze@debian.org>:
>> "Jeffrey L. Taylor" <jeff@austinblues.dyndns.org> writes:
>>

> I was thinking about 2.2, not 2.6.  I mistakenly booted from CD 1 and
> ended up with a 2.2 kernel.  (Actually, IIRC this was a network
> install).  The box in question is a key server and I'd rather not have
> to monkey with installing a completely different kernel.

You can install from CD1 and use Kernel 2.4.18-bf2.4. And installing a
new kernel would only require:

apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.18-1-$arch

lilo already is configured to use two kernels, you only have to add the
line for the initrd and run lilo.

Btw, you should anyway get a new kernel, the packages from the CDs have
security issues. If you want keep using 2.2.20 or 2.2.20-idepci, better
get a recent version from security.debian.org.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--
Andreas Janssen