Re: xscreensaver error: usage: xscreensaver-getimage [ -display host:dpy.screen ] [ -v ] window-id

on Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 10:01:39PM -0800, Marc Wilson (msw@cox.net) wrote:

> > Among the broken hacks:  antspotlight, gflux (-mode grab), flipscreen3d,
> > and glslideshow.
>
> Ok.  Tested all of those here.  They all work, and can grab the desktop,
> except for glslideshow.  It works if I let it use the desktop image, but
> has this in .xsession-errors if I point it at a directory of images:
>
> X error in xscreensaver-getimage:
> X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  72 (X_PutImage)
>   Serial number of failed request:  35
> xscreensaver-getimage: target pixmap 0x4200006 unexpectedly deleted
> xscreensaver-getimage: target pixmap 0x4200006 unexpectedly deleted
>
> The other hacks you list all work properly here.

jwz replied to me off-list:

    From: jwz@jwz.org (Jamie Zawinski)
    Subject: Re: xscreensaver error:  usage: xscreensaver-getimage [
    -display
    Date: 6 Dec 2003 02:06:49 -0800

    This means that the "antspotlight" and "xscreensaver-getimage"
    executables came from different releases of xscreensaver: you are
    mixing and matching newer and older binaries.  Don't do that.

...so presumably this will go away as I get my system updated.

Peace.

   Data corrupts.  Absolute data corrupts absolutely.
    -- Ed Self's corollary of Atkinson's Law.