Re: xscreensaver error: usage: xscreensaver-getimage [ -display host:dpy.screen ] [ -v ] window-id

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 09:21:40PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> The problem is the system call within the hacks themselves.  If you
> noted, I was running antspotlight from the command line.

My bad, I should read more carefully.  You did indeed point out that is was
internal to the hacks.  In mitigation I offer that there are at least two
hacks that *do* in fact have bad command-line arguments (xmountains is one)
and I should take my own advice and file a bug about it.

> Among the broken hacks:  antspotlight, gflux (-mode grab), flipscreen3d,
> and glslideshow.

Ok.  Tested all of those here.  They all work, and can grab the desktop,
except for glslideshow.  It works if I let it use the desktop image, but
has this in .xsession-errors if I point it at a directory of images:

X error in xscreensaver-getimage:
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  72 (X_PutImage)
  Serial number of failed request:  35
xscreensaver-getimage: target pixmap 0x4200006 unexpectedly deleted
xscreensaver-getimage: target pixmap 0x4200006 unexpectedly deleted

The other hacks you list all work properly here.

--
 Marc Wilson |     You can always pick up your needle and move to
 msw@cox.net |     another groove.  -- Tim Leary