Re: I'm face Few problem , need suggestion

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 05:29:02PM -0500, Bijan Soleymani wrote:
> "Monique Y. Herman" <spam@bounceswoosh.org> writes:
>
> > Many people, including me, would not recommend debian for a linux
> > novice, though there are debian-based distros that some might recommend.
>
> It would be nice if we could recommend Debian for novices. I was a
> novice when I started using Debian, almost died trying :) I like it
> now, but it would be nice if new users didn't have to go through all
> those problems.

They don't have to. They can use Libranet or Xandros or Knoppix if they
want an "easy" way (on x86 systems). If you choose Debian, you should
know that an idiot-proof installer is _not_ one of its features.

> > But I don't really see this as a problem.  There are different distros
> > for different needs, and debian is designed for the needs of an
> > experienced linux user.
>
> If that is the case we should at least be honest. They should post in
> big bold letters on www.debian.org:
>
>     "This Operating System is not for general users it is only for
>      experienced linux users. If you have never used Linux before
>      please go to www.redhat.org or www.mandrake.org or
>      www.knoppix.org."

I would amend that to ... Libranet, Xandros, or Knoppix.
Having experienced apt, I cannot in good faith recommend an rpm-based
distro to anyone.

	Cheers!
--
         Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.