Re: I'm face Few problem , need suggestion

"Monique Y. Herman" <spam@bounceswoosh.org> writes:

> I don't have a problem with the installer.  I'd rather have devs working
> on other stuff than on something that works (for me).

The installer also works for me, at least most of the time. But it
would be nice if relative newbies could install Debian on their own.

> Many people, including me, would not recommend debian for a linux
> novice, though there are debian-based distros that some might recommend.

It would be nice if we could recommend Debian for novices. I was a
novice when I started using Debian, almost died trying :) I like it
now, but it would be nice if new users didn't have to go through all
those problems.

> But I don't really see this as a problem.  There are different distros
> for different needs, and debian is designed for the needs of an
> experienced linux user.

If that is the case we should at least be honest. They should post in
big bold letters on www.debian.org:

    "This Operating System is not for general users it is only for
     experienced linux users. If you have never used Linux before
     please go to www.redhat.org or www.mandrake.org or
     www.knoppix.org."

I'm kind of in the pro-knoppix camp. I think that debian could
incorporate certain features from knoppix. The experts could always
disable the hardware detection, etc. But it would be very useful for
beginners.

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>