Re: FHS and other things Mark should have read with comprehension (was Re: unchecked 31 times)

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 12:17:52PM -0800, Mark Ferlatte wrote:
> Minor nit: netatalk requires a device node in /var to support Appletalk
> printing.  Admittedly, for most people, this is not an issue.

Not arguing, but what device node?  Where?  When did this start?  What
creates it?  The package doesn't own any files in /var, and I can't see
anywhere in its postinst that it creates such a node.

I print to an ethertalk-interfaced LaserWriter all the time... if it was
supposed to be there, and wasn't, I don't think I'd be printing much.

--
 Marc Wilson |     Lactomangulation, n.: Manhandling the "open here"
 msw@cox.net |     spout on a milk carton so badly that one has to