Re: How do I temporally disable gdm? (or is it gpm)

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 08:32:25PM -0800, Mark Healey wrote:
> I've received a number of suggesions for my X problem.  Before I try
> any of them I'd like to disable my graphical login screen.  It is
> either gpm or gdm.  I can't remember which one is the login screen and
> which is the console mouse driver.
>
> Anyway,  I'm hoping that there is a line in a file I can comment out.

/etc/init.d/gdm stop

or use update-rc.d or rcconf to manipulate the runlevels in
/etc/init.d

See the manpages.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth.
      Therefore despise thou not the chastening of the
      Almighty."         Job 5:17