kde 3 on testing/unstable -- newbie query

I am a newbie to debian (former RH user.) I have a set of woody CDs. I
installed a base system, upgrade to testing using the go-woody script.

I then installed X with apt-get install x-window-system. I now have a
working X install with twm.

I now want to install kde 3.1.4 (it's present in knoppix). I added the
line

deb http://download.kde.org/stable/3.1.4/Debian stable main

to /etc/apt/sources.list and ran apt-get update. Unfortunately when I run
apt-get install kde I get the following errors:

------------------------
that package should be filed.

  kde: Depends: kdelibs3 but it is not installable
       Depends: libarts but it is not installable or
                libarts-alsa but it is not installable or
                libarts-bin but it is not installable
       Depends: libkmid but it is not installable or
                libkmid-alsa but it is not installable or
                libkmid-bin but it is not installable
       Depends: kdebase but it is not going to be installed or
                kdebase3 but it is not installable
       Depends: kdebase-audiolibs but it is not installable or
                kdebase3-audiolibs but it is not installable
       Depends: kdebase-libs but it is not installable or
                kdebase3-libs but it is not installable
       Depends: kdebase-doc but it is not installable or
                kdebase3-doc but it is not installable
       Depends: kab but it is not installable
       Depends: kpm but it is not installable
       Depends: kfract but it is not installable
E: Broken packages

What am I doing wrong ? I really would like to start working with kde on
my debian install.

any pointers would be welcome.

Sharukh.

ps: speaking of knoppix, the line for kde in sources.list is commented
out.
--
Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri		Homeopath and Linuxer.
Mumbai, India.			http://www.pavri.net/