Re: Future transit from testing to stable with sarge possible?

ScruLoose wrote:

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 06:32:21PM -0800, Raquel Rice wrote:
Oh gosh.  I'm just trying to figure out apt and now I'm hearing
about aptitude in this post and a prior post.  Is aptitude really
that much better?  I tried the Debian site for more information, but
it seems that was also affected by this last weekend's events.

Well, I sure like aptitude.  One of the benefits is at the beginning,
when you're staring at that steep learning curve, you can run aptitude
in interactive mode (aptitude with no command-line options).
That fires up a fairly easy-to-use interface that lets you browse and
search the package listing visually.

It has other advantages, too... better handling of suggests and
recommends... keeps a log of what it does...
It's a cool toy.

	Cheers!
Yes, and, per my message from a few days ago, it seems to be safer. I don't use the UI much, just the command line, but I have always used it since apt-get wanted to remove over 90 packages in August.

--

"They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never
kept but one: they promised to take our land, and they took it."

- Chief Red Cloud (Mahpiua Luta) of the Oglala Sioux