Re: Future transit from testing to stable with sarge possible?

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 04:37:52PM -0800, Raquel Rice wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:30:24 +0100 Tobias Reckhard <jester71@gmx.net> wrote:
> > Nick Welch wrote:
> >
> > > You want to just stay with sarge while it's testing and keep it
> > > when it becomes stable too?
> >
> > Exactly.
> >
> > >  Yeah, you can just use 'sarge' in sources.list.
> > > The code names (woody, sarge, etc) work as well as stable /
> > > testing / unstable.
> >
> > Good. Thanks for the reassurance.
> >

> In reading the messages from the last day or two, I came across the
> one above.  Not being familiar with apt, if I use "stable" in my
> sources.list, when Sarge is released, my machine will be updated to
> the new release without specifying that I want it?

Yep.
Well, as soon as you issue an "upgrade" or "dist-upgrade" command, that
is. Or if you use aptitude...

That's why I specify "woody" in my sources.list instead of "stable".
I probably will switch to sarge as soon as it gets released as "stable"
(if not before), but I want to do it when _I_ want.

	Cheers!
--