Re: Future transit from testing to stable with sarge possible?

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:30:24 +0100
Tobias Reckhard <jester71@gmx.net> wrote:

> Nick Welch wrote:
>
> > Er... I think I misunderstood you.
>
> Yep.
>
> > You want to just stay with sarge while it's testing and keep it
> > when it becomes stable too?
>
> Exactly.
>
> >  Yeah, you can just use 'sarge' in sources.list.
> > The code names (woody, sarge, etc) work as well as stable /
> > testing / unstable.
>
> Good. Thanks for the reassurance.
>
> Cheers,
> Tobias

Hi,

I've just finished doing a basic Debian install on a machine which
will be only a server.  This is my first dabble into Debian.  I
don't plan on installing or using X, but to run only server software
and VIM as an editor.  I hope that you all will forgive me if I ask
what may seem to be "dumb" questions, as I'm just learning.  I've
been using RH for the past 3 year, but wanted something different.

In reading the messages from the last day or two, I came across the
one above.  Not being familiar with apt, if I use "stable" in my
sources.list, when Sarge is released, my machine will be updated to
the new release without specifying that I want it?

Thanks!

--
Raquel
I am who I am. I don't have to change who I am to be equal to