Re: eject command for normal users and some other stuff

Andreas Janssen wrote:
Hello

H S (<h55am@linuxmail.org>) wrote:

Okay, I am going to take this step by step because I have many issues
unresolved. I am connected to the internet through an ADSL modem (use
"pon dsl-provider" to get online). But how do I make a normal user
able to connect using dsl-provide? At present, only root can do that.

Does adding your user account to the dip group help?

Nope, it didn't :(

Now I am a member of the these groups also: cdrom audio dip

Here is what I get now:

{tmp}> pon dsl-provider
/usr/sbin/pppd: Can't open options file /etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider: Permission denied
{tmp}> ls -l /etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider
-rw------- 1 root root 1813 Nov 14 01:12 /etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider

Am I supposed to change thepermission fo the above file manually?

->HS

--
(Remove all underscores,_if any_, from my email address to get the correct one. Apologies for the inconvenience, but this is to reduce spam.)