eject command for normal users and some other stuff

Hi,

First of all a little background:
I have installed Debian in my 1.9GHz P4 and made it triple boot with Fedora (Redhat) and Win2K. Win2K is because I sometimes need it once or twice in 6 months for some docs and also my dsl provider simply refuses to help me if I am not in Windoze. Fedora is because I have been using Redhat since a few years ago. I am currently playing around with Debian and setting things up to finally start using Debian for all my work.

I tried posting queries to linux.debian.user but never got many responses. Then some good soul politely pointed out to me I should use the mailing lists, not the newsgroups. But when I tried to use the lists, Debian got hacked and everything was un-available :(

To start with, I had installed Woody from the 6 (or 7?) CDs. Then I did a dist-upgrade. And lost KDE. It was asking for some nonexistant package (something to do with libsensors). After a few days of searching (and having been ignored on the newsgroups), I found a dummy package. Installed it and then could install KDE 3.1. During that time, when I wanted to install more program from the internet, suddenly everything shut down (yes, Debian machines were taken offline). At present, I have Gnome, KDE, and I am using gdm.

Okay, I am going to take this step by step because I have many issues unresolved. I am connected to the internet through an ADSL modem (use "pon dsl-provider" to get online). But how do I make a normal user able to connect using dsl-provide? At present, only root can do that.

Next, for some reason, "eject" command is also root only? How do I make normal user also be able to use that as well?

That is all for now. I have some queries about sharing partition between Debian and Fedora (currently, I am sharing /boot and /swap), mainly to do with sharing the same /home. But that I will leave for another post.

thanks,
->HS