how to use this list

Hi,

I started using this list yesterday and was getting a
large number of emails to my linuxmail.org account.
Linuxmail is not as friendly and powerful as Yahoo, or
so it seems (since it didn't let me filter email based
on To: field, Yahoo allows that), so I unsubscribed
from that email and subscribed from my this yahoo
email. For this new subscription though, I opted for a
digest.

So how do I reply to a particular message when I get a
digest so that it appeas as a thread on
linux.debian.user or gmane.linux.debian.user?

Sorry for my ignorance, I am new to all this mailing
list stuff. I have used newsgroups for quite a while
though.

Thanks,
->HS