Re: antivirus recomendation?

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 02:53:10PM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
| Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
| >Actually, yes.  I did a straight copy-n-paste from my postfix
| >configuration.  Since both my postfix installation and exim use the
| >same pcre implementation, the pattern is the same.  Putting the
| >pattern into the exim configuration is an exercise left for the
| >reader.  (really trivial, if you know how to configure exim or how to
| >search the manual)
|
|     I was unaware that exim3 had a body check in a similar vein as Exim4's
| and Postfix's ACLs.

exim3 has the same system_filter facility that exim4 has.  It operates
after the message is on the queue, but that's the cost of using exim3.
(upgrading to exim4 is highly recommended)

exim4's acls are fairly similar in operation to postfix' anti-UCE
infrastructure, but differ a lot in the details.

--
A violent man entices his neighbor
and leads him down a path that is not good.