Re: mouse will only works in one direction with X+gpm

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 04:07:30AM -0600, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 15:54, Micha Feigin wrote:
>                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> > > Judging by the fact that you're using /dev/input/mice, I'm guessing
> > > you're using a USB mouse? If that's the case, all you need to do is have
> >
> > I actually stated that but yes, it usb.
>
> So you did! Sorry I missed it the first time. :)
>
> > > the mouse already defined in your XF86Config-4 (which it looks like you
> > > already do) and just make sure your USB modules are loaded when you
> > > start up X. Plugging in the mouse at any point after that should make it
> > > "just work". I've been doing just this for a while with my laptop with
> > > no problems.
> >
> > I thing that that is a problem since last time I checked, they didn't
> > suspend properly (I am using swsusp to suspend my laptop instead of
> > turning it off) so I need to unload the usb modules for suspend.(will
> > check again just in case).

I am using acpi so that won't solve my problem, but thanx.
There is a project thats called swsusp that does software suspend. The
acpi code of 2.6 originated from that and works to jain them back
together is on its way (mostly usefull for laptops with no bios suspend).
Mine claims it has such support in the bios menus, but I haven't managed
to get it running properly and I found no documentation on building a
proper partition. Maybe I will try it some time with apm again and see
how it goes.