Re: mouse will only works in one direction with X+gpm

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 10:36, Micha Feigin wrote:
> I configured my logitec usb optical wheel mouse (a lot of words for the
> standard one ;-) to repeat to X using the raw protocol. The problem is
> that under X the mouse only works when scrolling down and not when
> scrolling up.
> When configured to use /dev/input/mice directly everything works fine,
> so it doesn't seem to be the mouse (it also works under M$)
> I do need the gpm piping though as my computer is a laptop and thus the
> mouse isn't always connected and otherwise I would have to restart X to
> use it.
>
> /etc/gpm.conf:
>
> device=/dev/input/mice
> responsiveness=
> repeat_type=raw
> type=autops2
> append=""
> sample_rate=
>
> The X setup for this mouse:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
>         Driver          "mouse"
>         Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
>         Option          "Device"                "/dev/gpmdata"
>         Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
>         Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
>         Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
> EndSection

Judging by the fact that you're using /dev/input/mice, I'm guessing
you're using a USB mouse? If that's the case, all you need to do is have
the mouse already defined in your XF86Config-4 (which it looks like you
already do) and just make sure your USB modules are loaded when you
start up X. Plugging in the mouse at any point after that should make it
"just work". I've been doing just this for a while with my laptop with
no problems.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837