Re: mouse will only works in one direction with X+gpm

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 12:33:58PM -0600, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 10:36, Micha Feigin wrote:
> > I configured my logitec usb optical wheel mouse (a lot of words for the
> > standard one ;-) to repeat to X using the raw protocol. The problem is
> > that under X the mouse only works when scrolling down and not when
> > scrolling up.
> > When configured to use /dev/input/mice directly everything works fine,
> > so it doesn't seem to be the mouse (it also works under M$)
> > I do need the gpm piping though as my computer is a laptop and thus the
> > mouse isn't always connected and otherwise I would have to restart X to
> > use it.
> >
> > /etc/gpm.conf:
> >
> > device=/dev/input/mice
> > responsiveness=
> > repeat_type=raw
> > type=autops2
> > append=""
> > sample_rate=
> >
> > The X setup for this mouse:
> >
> > Section "InputDevice"
> >         Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
> >         Driver          "mouse"
> >         Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
> >         Option          "Device"                "/dev/gpmdata"
> >         Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
> >         Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
> >         Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
> > EndSection
>
> Judging by the fact that you're using /dev/input/mice, I'm guessing
> you're using a USB mouse? If that's the case, all you need to do is have

I actually stated that but yes, it usb.

> the mouse already defined in your XF86Config-4 (which it looks like you
> already do) and just make sure your USB modules are loaded when you
> start up X. Plugging in the mouse at any point after that should make it
> "just work". I've been doing just this for a while with my laptop with
> no problems.

I thing that that is a problem since last time I checked, they didn't
suspend properly (I am using swsusp to suspend my laptop instead of
turning it off) so I need to unload the usb modules for suspend.(will
check again just in case).

Thanx