If esd is running Mozilla won't launch

This is very strange.

I just installed package esound (the Enlightened Sound Daemon) on my powerpc Macintosh. Afterwards I found that I could not launch Mozilla anymore.

Figuring Mozilla was having some problem with esd, I tried killing the esd process, and then Mozilla would launch.

If I then started esd again, I am able to open new Mozilla windows. So I guess I have a workaround, but it should not be this way. Can you tell me what is wrong?

Thanks,

Mike
--
Michael D. Crawford