Re: How to set up XDM to automatically login one user?

On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 01:53:45AM -0600, Lance Simmons wrote:

> There is one slight problem with the xdm solution: when I log out of an
> X session, xdm presents the same login prompt as before, but the mouse
> is frozen.  It's not really a problem for me since I don't expect I'll
> be logging in and out, but it is unsettling.  This didn't happen before
> I created Xsetup and had it execute xvkbd.
>
> I'm not sure it's a problem worth worrying about, but if anyone has a
> suggestion on how to get rid of it, I'd be grateful.

If you've confirmed that modifying Xsetup introduces this problem, try
checking the docs then contacting the maintainers to see what the 'proper'
way to achieve what you are trying to achieve is (assuming there is a
'proper' way). Then report it as a bug. Hopefully all the problems will
be ironed out before I join the ranks of tablet users ;-)

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/