Re: How to set up XDM to automatically login one user?

* Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@compsoc.dur.ac.uk> [031114 07:20]:

> 	Get the keyboard app xvkbd (there's a debian package for it).
> 	Edit the kdm/xdm file Xsetup, add the line /usr/X11R6/bin/xvkbd
> 	& to the end, just before exit 0. When you start kdm/xdm next
> 	you should see a keyboard.
> 	http://linux-tablet-pc.dhs.org/howto.html

Thanks!  That did the trick.  The keyboard must be closed after login,
but that's no big deal.

The Xsetup file has been dropped from the Debian xdm package, so I had
to create a new file called "Xsetup" that contained just a script with
the appropriate command.

Thanks again!

--
Lance Simmons