Re: maybe I missed a thread

BruceG wrote:
Maybe I'm missing the big point here. I often do. So RHL is no longer
available, and support for RHL is going away.There is Project Fedora for
home use (and it will probably fit in well with the small office/home
office set). All existing training should still apply. The distribution
is free. Not a bad deal at all. If a small business wants an enterprise
solution, they can go to RHEL'

Fedora hasn't been met with really great response yet. But it will be interesting to see what happens. It may come along very nicely.

I also don't how Novell can hurt SuSE. I'm running SuSE 8.2 Personal on
my desktop, and find it VERY constraining (if you want to use YaST2, you
stick with SuSE packages and the SuSE package manager).My desktop works
very well, but I find it kind of a*retentive. I don't see where Novell
could make it even stricter.

I am so glad to have someone else post this.
You've summarized what I've been experiencing with SuSE 8.2 Professional for some time know, I just couldn't find the right expression.

But I think you've done an excellent job here.