maybe I missed a thread

I have been unsubscribed from 'debian-user' for a bit so I may have missed a thread on this one.

But there has been a lot of discussion on other distro-lists about the potential implications concerning the recent announcements of RedHat/Fedora and SuSE/Novell. From the other lists, there's a lot of discussion about alternatives and with that Debian is mentioned A LOT.

Does any of this have any real potential influence on Debian?