Re: Totally [OT] Re: Opium

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 01:21:55AM -0500, ScruLoose wrote:
> Great theory.  Shame it's such a dismal failure in practice.
> People have been getting "disappeared" lately in The States.  Somebody
> whispers "terrorist" and you get the midnight arrest, conviction in a
> completely secret tribunal, family and friends don't even know what
> you're _charged_ with...

That's a pretty distorted picture of reality.

But sure, some people get arrested.  Unfortunately Al Quaeda preys upon
kind-hearted progressives who question nothing to plant operatives in a
country for YEARS all while planning horrible acts.

I was over in Amsterdam twice in 2002 and took a walk through some of
the large Muslim immigrant neighborhoods.  Amerstdam is kind of a shady
city anyway, but I have to tell you, Europe is blatantly full of people
plotting criminal activity.  I'm kind of an evil bastard myself, and my
evil-bastard spidey-sense was going haywire over there.

Y'all need to clean up your own backyard.