Re: problems with cdwriter on woody-system

Am Don, 2003-11-13 um 20.53 schrieb duck:

> Sorry. My mistake. I presume you're running 2.4.18-bf2.4 or some other
> similar pre-packaged kernel where sr_mod and scsi_mod are compiled
> into the kernel. Hence these modules do not need to be loaded.

Yes, I do (its the 2.4.18-bf2.4 Kernel which came "out of the box" ;-)

> As before, since it's all built in to the kernel, you don't really
> need /etc/modules. In /etc/lilo.conf I think you need following in
> your append line:
>
> hdc=ide-scsi ide-cd ignore=hdc
>
> And then run update-lilo (as root) after.  That should make it work.

I edited again /etc/lilo.conf and put the following line in:

append="hdc=ide-scsi ide-cd ignore=hdc"

then I run lilo as root. this worked without error BUT:

after the reboot there seem to be no great change.

I did a cdrecord -scanbus again and had still the error-message I
already had before :-(

As I am booting from floppy-disk: Does the kernel read my /etc/lilo.conf
on my harddisk or is there some /etc/lilo.conf on the floppy itself.
Maybe this is the reason why it doesn't work??

Or is it the order in which the modules are loaded?

any further help would be very nice....
thx a lot.
yours, Richard