Re: OT Tape backup recomendations

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 05:33:25PM -0800, Alvin Oga wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, David Purton wrote:
>
> > Our ancient tape drive died and we need to get a new backup system
> > happening.
> >
> > What are debian users recommendations for backups?
> >
> > We are a small business and back up about 15GB on a weekly basis, with
> > daily differentials inbetween.
>
> get a similar/identical tape drive ... so all your old archives
> still is readable ... and media is recyclable and usable

This would be nice, but my brief reseach so far suggests that there is
not much around now that will write to HP Colorado 5GB tapes...

We don't use tape for long term storage - we keep about a fortnights
worth of files on tape.

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton@chariot.net.au

If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand?
					Psalm 130:3