Re: OT Tape backup recomendations

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, David Purton wrote:

> Our ancient tape drive died and we need to get a new backup system
> happening.
>
> What are debian users recommendations for backups?
>
> We are a small business and back up about 15GB on a weekly basis, with
> daily differentials inbetween.

get a similar/identical tape drive ... so all your old archives
still is readable ... and media is recyclable and usable

if you get a new (different) tape drive
a) you will also need new tapes
b) all your old tapes are kapputtt
	- you cannot freely move different tape media around
	onto different tape drives

start looking at used "tape drive stores" and your equivalent of ebay

c ya
alvin