Re: phonetic symbols

On Thursday 30 October 2003 16:13, Hoyt Bailey wrote:
[...]
> > On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, L.F. wrote:
> > >  I can't convert the  Windows file into pdf in Windows because I don't
> > > have the Acrobat Reader program;
> >
> > ---right.
> > In Linux the pdf is free but in Windows it costs 600 euros.

I used to use FinePrint's pdfFactory when I was still on the dark side.  You
can download the trial version at http://www.pdffactory.com and the cost is
$50, or $100 for the "Pro" version.  Or, if you prefer, I have seen
advertized ScanSoft PDFConverter about 60 euros.  I expect you can google for
that.

</darkside>

That said, TeX/LaTeX and perhaps Lyx is the way to go.

--
richard