Re: classic deficiancy in both windows and linux ?

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 11:58, Terry Hancock wrote:
> On Friday 24 October 2003 10:43 am, Mental Patient wrote:
> it. The one thing
> > perl has on python is that there's an imagemagic module for perl. My
> > python scripts are doing lots of os.system() calls :)
>
> Look for "PythonMagick" (caps may be different).  There was
> one, then it died and lost compatibility with Image Magick changes,
> then somebody else picked it up and/or re-implemented it (I
> think this is the "Boost" implementation, IIRC).  I'm
> not sure what the status is now.
>
> I opted to use Python Imaging Library from
> http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/
> to handle this kind of stuff, largely because of the
> availability/compatibility problems with PythonMagick.

And it's in Debian!!

python-imaging - The Python Imaging Library
python-imaging-doc - Examples for the Python Imaging Library
python-imaging-doc-html - Documentation for the Python Imaging Library.
python-imaging-doc-pdf - Documentation for the Python Imaging Library.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

Vegetarian - an old Indian word meaning 'lousy hunter'.