Re: classic deficiancy in both windows and linux ?

On Friday 24 October 2003 10:43 am, Mental Patient wrote:
it. The one thing
> perl has on python is that there's an imagemagic module for perl. My
> python scripts are doing lots of os.system() calls :)

Look for "PythonMagick" (caps may be different).  There was
one, then it died and lost compatibility with Image Magick changes,
then somebody else picked it up and/or re-implemented it (I
think this is the "Boost" implementation, IIRC).  I'm
not sure what the status is now.

I opted to use Python Imaging Library from
http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/
to handle this kind of stuff, largely because of the
availability/compatibility problems with PythonMagick.

I'm probably going to reconsider that though, if the
PythonMagick situation becomes better, because
libmagick does some things much more nicely than
PIL does (the reverse is true too, though).

Just wanted to pass along some hints for when you decide
to get rid of the os.system() calls.

Cheers,
Terry